The Winter STREAK Wellness Program is a FREE 12-week community program designed to promote wellness by encouraging participants to increase physical activity, eat healthy and reduce stress. It is a fun and effective way to increase your health and well-being during these cold winter months.
What is the goal?
Complete a STREAK in any form or fashion to string together daily, consistent, healthy habits over time. WellSpan Health and its community partners have created a series of workshops, bingo cards and a resource library to support you on this journey. Engage at any level and use the tools available to you so you can STREAK through the winter months.
Who can participate?
This challenge is open to everyone. Invite your spouse, partner, children, co-workers and friends to participate with you as you “STREAK” through the winter!
When do we start?
The Winter STREAK runs Monday, January 3rd, 2022 through Friday, March 25th, 2022. You can join at any time to qualify for prizes.
Learn and Earn
You have many options to earn entries to win a Health & Wellness swag basket!
- Register for our bi-weekly emails – 1 entry
- Attend a workshop – 1 entry per workshop attended. If you miss the live workshop you can earn 1 entry for watching the recording (max of 6 entries)
- Complete a workshop evaluation – 1 entry for every workshop evaluation completed and submitted (max of 6 entries)
- Complete Winter STREAK progress survey in March – 1 entry
Health & Wellness Swag Baskets
At the end of the three-month challenge, a random drawing will be held to award 5 Health and Wellness swag baskets. Each basket is valued at up to $200. Participants can earn up to 14 entries by following the steps listed above. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win!
Most importantly, you win the opportunity for improved health!
WellSpan Health will offer 6 workshops each focusing on a major component of overall health and well-being. Each workshop is 30 minutes and held at 12pm and 5:30pm.
Do you want to quit smoking, get control of pre-diabetes, or get a deeper understanding of what a healthier lifestyle looks like for you? There’s no better time than right now! Snowball your "STREAK" goals by clicking on the links below to learn more about each program and get yourself registered for the next class.
Freedom From Smoking
Are you ready to set yourself free from the chains of tobacco addiction?
A CDC proven program to help those with pre-diabetes make lifestyle changes
Rally co-workers and friends around a common cause – adding healthy choices to your daily lifeLearn More
Often, the earlier a disease is diagnosed, the more likely it is that it can be cured or successfully managed. When you treat a disease early, you may be able to prevent or delay problems from the disease. Treating the disease early may also make the disease easier to live with. "STREAK" right down to the links below to learn more.
- Adams County - Walking Routes Around Adams County
- Adams County Winter Hike Schedule
- Chambersburg YMCA Youth Fit Program
- Chambersburg YMCA Classes on YouTube
- Community Wellness Connections (Adams County)
- Franklin County Recreational Assets Map
- Free 3-month virtual class membership at YMCA of the Roses
- Get Fit Franklin County
- Healthy Walk with Dr. Fawcett YouTube
- MOVE Your Way
- WellSpan At-Home Virtual Fitness
- Physical Health and the Outdoors - YouTube
- York County Department of Parks & Recreation
- CBC Black Bean Veggie Burger Recipe
- CBC Brussel Sprout Salad
- CBC Chocolate Beet Brownies
- CBC Energy Bites Recipe
- CBC Rhu berry Overnight Oats
- CBC Roasted Rosemary and Garlic Chicken
- CBC Rosemary Infused Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- CBC Spring Vegetable and Pesto Rice Bowl
- CBC Triple Berry Power Smoothie
- CBC Vegetarian-Lentil-Tortilla-Soup
- Franklin County, PA Food Resources Nutrition Map
- Healthy Heart Café Signature Flatbread Recipe
- Market Basket
- MBOM Jan recipe
- MBOM Feb recipe
- MBOM Mar recipe
- MyPlate Kitchen
- Rooftop Garden Salad with Green Goddess Dressing Recipe
- This Not That - Food Swap
- Creating Healthy Habits
- Health Benefits of Outdoor Recreation
- Emotional Health and the Outdoors
- Mental Health and the Outdoors
- How's Your Sleep?
- Maintaining Healthy Habits
- Meditation Apps & Websites
- Mental Health Providers Map of Franklin County
- Mental Health Services in York County
- Mental Health Toolkit
- My Strength App is open to the community (7th grade and up) - for free. Use the code "START" to use.
- SMART Goals
- Stages of Change
- WellSpan Philhaven Behavior Health
Do you need some inspiration to start "STREAK"ing? The bingo cards below will help you begin building those small daily, consistent Winter STREAK goals! Try these ideas - create "STREAK" goals by completing a row or column each day or week, compete with your co-workers to fill a card, or print and post a Bingo Card on your refrigerator and get the whole family involved. We would love to hear how you used the Winter STREAK bingo cards to achieve your health goals! Be sure to use the additional supporting links to learn new skills and help fill in bingo squares
Questions, Concerns, Ideas, Suggestions?
Please email email@example.com or call 717-404-1015. We are here to assist participants throughout the challenge.
WellSpan Health, in collaboration with our community health coalitions across the region: Healthy Adams County; Healthy Franklin County; the Community Health Council of Lebanon County; Healthy York; and Northern Lancaster Hub; invites the community to participate in the “Winter STREAK” wellness program.